Our Client is the independent operator of both the natural gas transmission grid and storage infrastructure in Belgium. The company also operates the Zeebrugge LNG terminal. They are seeking a HSE Supervisor to begin work as soon as possible, please see below for responsibilities and requirements;
• The “HSE Supervisor” report directly to the HSE manager of projects PMT, but can independently and necessary adjustments according to the internal procedures to do on the site. He will report unsafe situations and actions. He speaks to the people on site and trying to find solutions together with the contractor to carry out the work in a safe manner, in accordance with the established working methods.
• Can, based on his experience add any observations during the “review process” of working methods of the contractor at the request of the HSE manager LNG projects
• He is responsible for monitoring the work of the contractor in the field of safety, health and environment (SHE)
• He supports the HSE supervisor “2nd Jetty” during the follow-up of HSE issues on site for the work of the 2nd jetty. He will replace him during his absence.
• After training he can be enabled to apply for the daily permits from the LNG terminal and represents the PMT during the daily meetings at the terminal.
• Does the internal safety procedures at all times on the site and ensure that they are known by all members of the PMT.
• Provides and animates the weekly toolbox talks.
• The candidate has minimum level 2 or equivalent for safety.
• He speaks Dutch and English and is familiar with the law being of August 4, 1996, ARAB, the VDE and the CODEX.
• He has 5 years site experience in construction work in LNG and / or Oil & Gas.
• HSE supervision of construction works for LNG tanks is a plus.
• Offer on an hourly basis
• Given the fixed location with all the necessary facilities no compensation be provided for travel, telephone and internet
• The initial contract will run until 31.01.2016; this can be extended annually until the end of the 5th tank project in 2018.